Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cake Hag

So today during lunch I had to go pay a bill downtown, after reading in Urban Daddy about the new bakery: Cake Hag opening I decided it was well worth the extra 10 minute walk since I was already in the area. Cake Hag specializes in booze infused cakes....fun! The lady working there was very nice and allowed me to get two very generous "half" slices for the price of one. There were only two cakes that were available for the day by the slice (the 2 others were still cooling). One of the cakes being the Carolina Carrot which was filled with caramelized pineapple, (non alcoholic) and the other being Jameson's Banana (which had some sort of Irish liquor in it). The carrot cake had a very light almost meringue-like type frosting. If you aren't a huge fan of the heavy cream cheese frosting (which I am) this would be the perfect substitute. The pineapples were also a nice unique touch! The Jameson's Banana had a thick custardy consistency on top of a sponge cake. I can't say that it was my favorite cake, but if you are a lover of banana pudding I would def recommend it! The Cake Hag just opened a few weeks ago, and while it's def not my fav place in town, it is a nice, unique place that is in a downtown location where there aren't many options available.

1 comment:

  1. Ok wait- it's seriously called the Cake Hag? haha!

    ReplyDelete